Monday, April 7, 2014

Two Down, Three To Go

Yes, I know it's been a long time since the last post. I'm still around, just been busy, as I said. Hopefully y'all (Res and WB and whoever else) are still checking here from time to time. I am going to start posting again because there's just so much to comment on that I need to get it off my chest. Facebook is good for some of that, but I don't really want to offend some of my old friends from high school or whatever, so I don't post anything too controversial there. You might say, "Well, screw them if they don't like what you have to say!" Yes, I agree, but then again I don't see any reason to antagonize them, because there is more to life than politics.

Anyway, good news!

This weekend, my middle daughter was baptized! Our church's 4th/5th grade Sunday school classes have been going through a whole lesson plan with the kids about baptism and that culminated in 41 kids being baptized Saturday afternoon. It didn't have the traditional kind of atmosphere about it that I am used to, but it still counts.

Hope all of y'all are doing well.

7 comments:

Roger Cook said...

And the angels (and us) rejoice!

WaterBoy said...

Congratulations on your daughter's baptism!

Was wondering if you were too busy writing a book to post, or if it was just life getting in the way.

BTW, it's "all y'all", not "all of y'all". 'Tis indeed ironic that a Yankee has to teach this to a Southron. ;)

Astrosmith said...

Thanks!

No, I have not started writing my book, but I have been doing research at a low level and revising my plans for the book in my mind. I need to dedicate time each day to work on writing the book now, or else I never will.

I also have an outline for a sequel in mind, and I have ideas for another book entirely. Now that Mr. Beale has a publication channel to utilize, I may have a market for these books. That is, if I can actually get them written and if I actually can write stuff that people want to read. I'm not going to be able to write as well as Vox or Neal Stephenson or whoever, but I hopefully won't be bad.

And I'm not Southron, technically, I'm a Texan. And in common Texan parlance for Gen-Xers, you will hear "all of y'all" as often as "all y'all". It comes out more as "all uh y'all".

And as Nate would point out, Texas is West Tennessee.

Astrosmith said...

I am shooting for being at least as good a writer, if not better than, Seth Grahame-Smith. Maybe Harry Turtledove. Both are inspirations of this book, for obvious reasons.

Res Ipsa said...

I'm glad to see that you are still posting.

Congratulations on your daughters decision. What a wonderful thing to see happen with your children.

Astrosmith said...

Yep. Wish they would have let me do it like I got to with my oldest.

I will most likely be baptizing my son in the Pacific this summer.

Trần Văn Quảng said...

Dịch vụ Kiem tra ten mien miễn phí tại inet. Giúp bạn kiểm tra tên miền nhanh chóng chính xác
Dịch vụ Tao web mien phi của iNET. Tạo website trong vòng 30s nhanh chóng, chuyên nghiệp
Chuyên trang Mẹo vặt cung cấp những mẹo vặt hay trong cuộc sống hằng ngày
Đăng ký nhận Ten mien mien phi từ iNET. Bạn sẽ có cơ hội nhận tên miền với giá 0đ
Chuyên trang Tin tức trực tuyến cung cấp tin tức nóng hỏi một cách nhanh nhất suốt 24/24
Cập nhật Tin thể thao trong nước và quốc tế một cách nhanh chóng